Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS749355
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022
Borden Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and efficient Cleaner - Working Alone to maintain a clean and safe working environment for all staff and students.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, liaising with the relevant line manager on cleaning matters, carrying out cleaning of internal and external areas and ensuring emptying of all rubbish containers. As the Cleaner - Working Alone you would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Ideally successful applicants will possess great communication skills and experience in supervising staff.
Borden PS is a small, friendly, nurturing school with supportive staff and enthusiastic students. There are well established gardens to maintain and scope for small expansion projects
Borden PS is a small attractive school nestled in a picturesque farming environment. The town is located just over an hour's drive north-east of Albany, a beautiful port town, and about 400 kilometres south-east from Perth, an easy four hour drive. The Stirling Ranges, a world renowned biodiversity hot spot, are on the doorstep and the beautiful beaches of Bremer Bay are only an hour away.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Borden Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jamie-Lee Maslij, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Borden by telephoning (08) 9828 1031 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 June 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.