Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS749315
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Samson Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a motivated and hard-working School Officer to join our team.
As a School Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our school. Ideally, you will be experienced, have a friendly, positive and caring attitude; be self-motivated and organised. The successful applicant will work as part of the office team in a busy and dynamic school environment. As such, you should be an efficient, enthusiastic independent team member, who is compassionate and empathetic.
Ideally the successful applicant will be experienced in using Schools Information System (SIS) Administration, RM Billing, MS Office suite of programs and website experience. A focus on teamwork, self-motivation, initiative, excellence in customer service delivery and administrative support will be highly desirable. We are also looking for someone with strong organisational skills who can work with minimal supervision, or independently, and possess the flexibility to move between tasks.
As our School Officer, your duties may include assisting the Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school; handling front desk inquiries and collaborating with all staff on daily operations with a high level of integrity and confidentiality. You should also possess a positive approach to the role and ability to learn new skills and processes when needed, and a reassuring and supportive manner with staff, students and parents.
Samson PS was officially opened in May 1987. It is located south of the Swan River at the eastern end of the Fremantle area. Adjacent to the Samson Recreation Centre, the school is an aesthetically inviting set of buildings, situated in beautifully kept grounds which feature grass trees, eucalypts, rose gardens and extensive grassed areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Samson Primary School can be found by visiting samsonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sarah Fawcett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9487 9000 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
- six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.