Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS733730
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School (CHS) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally be an administrator with clear knowledge of how the MCS role impacts and is guided by the school improvement model, the School Resourcing System, and the Student-Centred Funding Model. The successful applicant will work within the leadership team in a strategic space around workforce planning and the targeted use of resources.
As the MCS, you will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will assist when working with the leadership team, staff, parents, and the wider community. These skills will see you negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels as we build and then operate this school.
The successful applicant should have strong Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills, and ideally have experience in asset management and a sound knowledge of Human Resource Management. Experience in the application of School Information System (SIS), ICT Dashboard and Asset and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) packages and; marketing and branding are highly desirable. You will provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and should possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS was opened in 2006 and proudly offers secondary courses from Year 7 to 10. The school prides itself on an enrolment of over 900 students from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, who all contribute to a vibrant and collaborative school culture.
Located 600 km east of Perth, Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS is committed to working collaboratively with the community to create an innovative environment that motivates and engages students. Being a major regional centre and mining town, Kalgoorlie-Boulder provides comprehensive facilities, services and infrastructure, making it a comfortable location in which to live and work. Kalgoorlie-Boulder is proud of its history and heritage, including rich Aboriginal histories and cultures.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School can be found by visiting www.kalgoorlie-boulderchs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jon Attwell, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.