Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS737070
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Halls Creek District High School (DHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated School Officer to join the school.
The School Officer provides key liaison and helps support the co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer focused support services within the school. The School Officer administers the operation of school databases, records and management information systems including timetabling; enters student enrolment data; maintains student attendance records and absentee reports; and generates routine reports from the school databases.
As a School Officer, you are required to coordinate and help plan workload management for yourself and other team members. The successful applicant will ideally have the skills and ability to support administration and management of financial and human resources within the school. The successful applicant should show a focus on teamwork, self-motivation and model effective customer and administrative support service delivery. You should also possess the following attributes: great people skills, oral and written communication skills, and computer skills including word and excel. Other highly desirable skills include experience in the application of School Information System (SIS) and RM Billing.
At Halls Creek DHS, we have developed both a culture of high expectations and a high care environment where success is supported and celebrated. We are striving to be a school of achievement through our consistent teaching practices, dynamic educational experiences, and active community engagement.
Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek DHS is the gateway to a range of world renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park, and Wolfe Creek Crater National Park.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Creek District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lynne Dowman, Associate Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Halls Creek, by telephoning (08) 9171 5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.