Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS737705
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Placement Liaison Officer to join their friendly team.
In this role you will assist in the placement and monitoring of students in workplace learning programs. You will liaise with work placement sites, develop industry/community links, and liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure the effective management of placements therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are highly regarded for this role. Effective planning and organisational skills would be beneficial to this role. The successful applicant will be required to administer records and databases using a variety of software packages and assist in the planning of work placements. The successful applicant will also provide advice and communicate with the school and parents to ensure suitable post school outcomes for students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus Education Support Centre can be found by visiting cyriljacksonesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Becc Dalgleish, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0413 595 295 or emailing Rebecca.Dalgleish@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a current ‘C’ or ‘C.A.’ class driver’s licence
- Hold or obtain a valid White Card
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 24 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.