Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS726138
East Hamersley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
East Hamersley PS staff are outstanding people who always possess strong moral purpose and professional integrity. Staff are committed to self-development and have a desire to improve their ability to ensure the best possible outcomes are reached for every student, every day. You will be a committed member of our team who enjoys working with students and making a difference.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you will work closely with the classroom Teacher to deliver the Teacher’s planned programs and progress student outcomes. You will require outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to develop relationships with staff and students to create a dynamic learning environment. The ability to foster relationships with all stakeholders will be critical. An ability to implement individual and small group programs, as well as ensure the learning environment is appropriately resourced and maintained, will be highly regarded.
East Hamersley PS fosters a culture of excellence. We expect all staff to be able to take on board feedback and reflect on their performance in pursuit of excellence to positively impact our students. A commitment to implementing our Whole School Approach towards Literacy and Maths, and knowledge of InitiaLit, will be advantageous.
Located in Hamersley, East Hamersley PS is a school of choice. With a diverse student enrolment, we aim to inspire a culture of excellence in all that we do.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Hamersley Primary School can be found by visiting www.easthamersleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact James Baker, Principal by telephoning (08) 9462 9550 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.