Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS750712
Beenyup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of confident and dedicated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
School Officers at Beenyup Primary play a vital role in creating a positive first impression for all visitors and families. This skill is imperative for the continuation of the branding of our school and the marketing aspect of this role.
School Officers assist in managing and coordinating daily administrative operations, including providing administrative support to the principal, administrative team and attending meetings as the minute secretary (including the school board). You will also assist the Manager Corporate Services in various aspects of the school’s operations, including administrative, financial, marketing, corporate sponsorship and human resources duties. Sucessful applicants will assist with administrative school staff supervision, and implement relevant administrative training and procedures. Another component of the role is assisting with the school’s business plans, marketing plans and the production of annual reports.
It is highly desirable for applicants to have marketing experience as this component of the role will involve assisting with the coordination of promotional and marketing events, as well as developing a range of communications, publications and materials to support marketing activities and events. You will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills as you will liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to organise promotional events and marketing. You will also assist with ensuring the school website and social media platforms are up to date. The ability to research current marketing and media trends will be highly regarded.
Successful applicants should be highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, committed to personal and professional growth and will embrace opportunities for collaboration within the school.
Beenyup PS are building a nurturing community who embrace a collective responsibility of building brighter futures together for our children. We provide a sense of belonging and the opportunity for every child, every day, to find joy, be challenged and experience success.
Our commitment to families is to offer a first-class education in state-of-the-art facilities so that our students not only grow but thrive. Accordingly, our highly skilled staff deliver evidence-based teaching practices and nurture student empowerment regarding ownership of learning, social and emotional learning that’s incorporated within our pastoral care program and positive behaviour education approach to ensure our school is a caring, safe and inclusive environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beenyup Primary School can be found by visiting beenyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Instance, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9526 6500 or emailing Rebecca.Instance@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 19 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.