Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS740820
Balga Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Special Needs Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
As an Education Assistant – Special Needs, you will assist in the delivery of planned education programs to engage our students in a supportive and inclusive learning environment. In this role you will collaborate and work in a strong team-based environment, contributing your knowledge and expertise to support our students to achieve their best. This may be under general supervision or autonomously.
You will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills, be highly motivated, and possess sound written and oral communication skills to support individual or small group based programs. Just as importantly, you will ideally have the capacity to support the overall health and emotional well-being of our students.
We are seeking an adaptable individuals who display the ability to work independently, as well as being a team player. You will ideally possess cultural awareness, and be focused on delivering programs to individuals and groups, including those students with complex needs and diagnosed disabilities.
Suitable applicants should possess a deep commitment to developing positive and productive relationships, embedding a proactive, inclusive, and respectful approach. They will ideally be open to ongoing learning and development.
Balga PS, is an Independent Public School that prides itself on working closely with parents and the community to provide a high quality education for our children to prepare them for opportunities that lie ahead.
We believe in developing the whole child and helping children to identify their strengths and interests so that they can achieve their dreams. Our vision is to create a connected community were we celebrate the achievements of our students and aim to nurture them through providing high standards in teaching, learning and care.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balga Primary School can be found by visiting balgaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tegan Gill, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9253 4500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.