Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS749117
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022
Makybe Rise Primary School (PS) are looking for an enthusiastic and creative School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will act as the ‘face of the school’ and should possess exceptional communication and organisational skills. As you will be responsible for completing administrative duties it would be highly desirable to have knowledge of, or experience with Microsoft Office Suite, RM Finance and School Information System (SIS).
As the School Officer, you will provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, maintaining student attendance records, absenteeism reports and receipting. Other responsibilities will include undertaking reception duties, including meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquires and requests for information.
Makybe Rise PS is a state-of-the-art Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. At Makybe Rise Primary School, every child every day experiences a sense of significance, belonging, fun and challenge, graduating into the wider community with the knowledge and skills to achieve their hopes, dreams and aspirations.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective general office administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these works related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Makybe Rise Primary School can be found by visiting makyberiseps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathy Smyth, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 5900 or emailing Kathy.Smyth@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.