Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS740789
Exmouth District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
Exmouth DHS is seeking motivated, collaborative and intuitive Mainstream Education Assistants who are able to work effectively in teams. Suitable applicants will be passionate and ideally have excellent interpersonal skills in order to develop effective relationships with students and staff. Applicants who hold a Cert III in Early Childhood Education or are partaking this certificate at TAFE will be highly regarded.
Exmouth DHS is a proudly Independent Public School with approximately 460 students from Kindergarten to Year 12. We are committed to providing the best possible education for the children of our community and are charged with preparing our students for a diverse range of futures. Suitable applicants would join a team of 35 teaching staff and 25 support staff.
Exmouth is a coastal community situated in the remote North West of Western Australia. Located about 1250km north of Perth. We are surrounded by Cape Range National Park and are the gateway to the unique Ningaloo Reef, recently listed as a World Heritage site. There is a permanent population of approximately 3,500 people which swells to thousands more during peak tourist periods. Due to the number of tourists visiting Exmouth the town has many amenities which would not normally be expected in a town of its size.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Exmouth District High School can be found by visiting www.exmouthdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Caryll Brown, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning (08) 9947 8888 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will need to have their own accommodation in Exmouth.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.