Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS749696
Collier Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners In Charge (CIC) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year
The CIC ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. You will organise and order stock and equipment as well as manage hazardous materials and the Material Safety Data Sheet. As the CIC, you will ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills and preferably have experience in supervising staff. The successful applicant will organise rosters and relief for staff on leave. The CIC will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, manage cleaners time books, ensure all leave for the cleaners is submitted in a timely manner and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff, and other staff training as required. You will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
As CIC you would be responsible for the locking and unlocking of the school, including setting the security alarm system, working a split shift - before school hours and after school hours. In addition, you will carry out internal and external cleaning duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to coordinate and participate in vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl and timber floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
Collier PS vision is to be an innovative, community-minded school where every teacher is effective and every student is successful and our school ethos, the Collier Way - Respect and Excellence, reflects this.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials, and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Collier Primary School please visit collierps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Emma Bancroft, Principal by telephoning (08) 6455 0300 or emailing Emma.Bancroft@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager or;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 June 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED