Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE748800
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Working in a team that is dedicated to ensuring the delivery of swimming and water safety education to children in Western Australia
The Role and our Branch
Swimming and Water Safety is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and organised Equipment Officer – Swimming Programs to join our team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Swimming and Water Safety branch is responsible for the management, development, implementation and delivery of the VacSwim and Interm Swimming programs that promote vital swimming and water safety education for children aged 5 – 17.
As Equipment Officer you will work with and assist internal and external staff and external organisations to ensure that all staff employed in the Department’s swimming programs across the state have access to adequate equipment and resources to ensure the effective delivery of a high-quality swimming and water safety education program.
The successful applicant will monitor, maintain, and organise repair of resources, equipment and machinery to required safety standards and in accordance with the occupational safety and health act. You will also manage the budget relating to resources and equipment as required.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the Occupational Safety and Health Act requirements relevant to a work area.
- Demonstrated experience in warehousing, stock management or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, organise and complete work within required timeframes.
- Demonstrated use of initiative, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team in a high-pressured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Grusha Barnden, Senior Program Coordinator by telephoning (08) 9402 6313 or emailing Grusha.Barnden@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 May 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.