Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS749700
Collier Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
The role of Cleaner is to carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. These duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, suitable applicants would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed, including shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable and punctual, and ideally have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Collier PS' vision is to be an innovative, community-minded school where every teacher is effective and every student is successful and our school ethos, the Collier Way - Respect and Excellence, reflects this.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Collier Primary School please visit collierps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Emman Bancroft, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6455 0300 or emailing Emma.Bancroft@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents or;
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 June 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.