Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS738275
This is a eleven (11) month fixed term, part-time (0.16FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you have a strong attention to detail?
Useless Loop Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hard working Cleaner – Working Alone to join their friendly team. This position is for 6 hours per week across two different days.
The successful applicant will be a motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace and to ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedures. Cleaner – Working Alone will ideally have a high level of attention to detail and have knowledge of Department of Education Cleaning Policies and Procedures.
Useless Loop PS is unique in that it is situated in a small mining town which is closed to the general public. All students are children of employees creating a situation where transiency is a norm due to employment conditions and mining requirements changing. At the same time there is a sense of stability as all parents are fully engaged in employment and generally remain in the community for a few years. Student numbers range between 18-29.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Useless Loop Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Kehoe, School Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Useless Loop, by telephoning (08) 9948 1292 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.