Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS748038
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Little Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Manager Corporate Services and join their friendly team.
As the Manager of Corporate Services, you will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will assist when working with the leadership team, staff, parents and the wider community.
You will ideally use sound financial management skills and strategic administration including responsibility for ensuring all audit requirements are followed. The successful applicant should provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and ideally possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
You should be an experienced administrator, with clear knowledge of how the Manager of Corporate Services role impacts and is guided by the school improvement model. This includes working within the leadership team in a strategic space around the workforce planning and the targeted use of resources.
Little Grove PS commenced operations in 1997. We are a proud Independent Public School with a small town feel located within the big rural city of Albany, Western Australia. Our proximity to both the pristine Princess Royal Harbour and surrounding bushland make our school a very attractive place to learn and one that provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success.
This is achieved through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider school community. Our excellent reputation rests in our strong sense of partnership with the parents and community, the values we celebrate, our commitment to realising the potential of all students, and the provision of a balanced education that addresses the academic, social, emotional and physical aspects of our students' lives.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Little Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.littlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Darryn Martin, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9845 9900 or emailing Darryn.Martin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current or recent line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.