Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS748643
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Beenyup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and highly motivated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants should have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
You should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operating a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing.
Beenyup PS are building a nurturing community who embrace a collective responsibility of building brighter futures together for our children. We provide a sense of belonging and the opportunity for every child, every day, to find joy, be challenged and experience success.
Our commitment to families is to offer a first-class education in state-of-the-art facilities so that our students not only grow but thrive. Accordingly, our highly skilled staff deliver evidence-based teaching practices and nurture student empowerment regarding ownership of learning, social and emotional learning that’s incorporated within our pastoral care program and positive behaviour education approach to ensure our school is a caring, safe and inclusive environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beenyup Primary School can be found by visiting www.beenyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Teena Hind, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 6500 or emailing Teena.Hind@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.