Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS749244
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Secret Harbour Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to fill the position of School Officer.
A key role of the School Officer is to provide a culturally responsive, calm, and welcoming environment for families and visitors to the school community with a focus on highly efficient customer service principles.
The successful applicant should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with our administration team, staff and school community in the day-to-day management of the school and operational tasks with confidentiality.
School Officers work collaboratively with the Manager Corporate Services, administrative staff and the wider school community to support and administer the schools financial and physical resources. Responsibilities in these roles will include assisting with; financial processes and reconciliation of purchasing cards, payment and receipt of accounts, administrative functions related to buildings and grounds, minor works, faults/routine maintenance. Management of student enrolment applications and maintenance of student records, physical recording of assets and resources and administrative support to other corporate services functional areas as required. You should possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, have an eye for detail and high level of accuracy.
As School Officer, you will administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems, website management, social media and parent communication applications. Experience in operating a range of software packages, particularly databases and word processing and a knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), RM Finance and RM Billing would be desirable.
The successful applicant will also assist with managing human resources of the school by carrying out inductions for school support staff, managing visitor compliance and managing support staff relief.
The purpose of Secret Harbour PS is to develop the whole child by providing quality learning experiences in order that every student may become a positive contributing member to our society goals. Our school motto 'Leads the Way' has been embraced by the school community.
Secret Harbour is on the WA coast and is situated between the cities of Rockingham and Mandurah. Our open spaces, bush land, beaches, parks and lakes combined with a strong sense of community spirit make Secret Harbour an ideal place for families. We cater for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and have students from many different countries and cultures.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Secret Harbour Primary School can be found by visiting secretharbourps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Samantha Letch, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9523 3900 or emailing Samantha.Letch@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.