Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS745262
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year up until the end of Term 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year up until the end of Term 1, 2023
Suitable applicants will possess good verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough understanding of how to apply customer service principles and practices. You will also present good interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment. Ideally, you will have the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing. Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively would also be highly desirable.
Suitable applicants will undertake reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The School Officer will provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records and absenteeism reports. Other duties will include the ability to provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, newsletters, notices and other materials. The School Officer will distribute and collect documents, forms and mail, and collect and receipt monies in accordance with Departmental procedures. They will also be responsible for maintaining office equipment including monitoring and ordering office consumables.
The WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 144 bed residential facility.
Our students have access to flexible pathways setting them up for successful careers in agricultural and related industries. Individual learning abilities are well catered for with carefully selected course offerings across the trade training and curriculum areas. Graduates from the College are equipped with the skills to become successful, well rounded individuals who can make a positive contribution to their community. Pastoral care is paramount at the College, with a dynamic team of staff working with students to maintain a high degree of resilience and emotional well-being.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Cunderdin can be found by visiting www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Yvonne Bopp, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 24 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.