Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP748631
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Rockingham Lakes Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and innovative individual to fill the role of Deputy Principal.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness. We are looking for someone who is committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students. You will work as part of a dedicated team and will have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community.
The successful applicant should display high level knowledge of the WA Curriculum and related Department of Education initiatives. Professional Learning Communities, effective lesson design and John Hattie’s research linked to Visible Learning scaffold our school’s work in delivering improved outcomes for our students. An understanding of Social and Emotional Wellbeing for students and effective strategies to assist students to self-regulate are highly desirable. Applicants with proven experience in managing whole school change and implementing technology as an effective learning tool to improve student outcomes are encouraged to apply. While working across the school, the focus of this role is on upper primary.
Rockingham Lakes PS opened in Port Kennedy in 2002. The Peel Language Development School is co-located on the site. The primary school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 in a modern cluster design featuring six teaching blocks, multi-purpose covered area, library and the school administration block. Our highly professional staff have a strong commitment to collaboration across the school, maintaining an environment where students, parents and staff feel connected and are able to live up to our motto of 'Be Proud'.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Lakes Primary School can be found by visiting rockinghamlakesps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Tim Sewell, Principal, by telephoning 0428 887994 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.