Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS748902
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Rosalie Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised, enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced Manager Corporate Services to join their team.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will work closely with the Principal as part of the school administration and leadership team to be responsible for the organisational structure and management of school business operations. This includes the financial, physical, and human resources of the school.
The successful applicant will ideally be motivated, have excellent organisational and communication skills, and possess a high level of interpersonal skills to work as part of a collaborative team. You would ideally be able to work with all school stakeholders to develop strong community relationships and links with staff, students, and families. You will manage the school’s support staff as well as contribute to school-based committees. You should have a high level of financial management with solid analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills related to all financial matters. The successful applicant will administer and report on the financial integrity of the school’s business operations and provide strong direction into financial planning and budgeting.
The Rosalie PS motto is ‘proud tradition-shaping futures’ which captures the 116-year history of the school. Rosalie PS is a high performing Independent Public School that prides itself on providing a safe, caring supportive environment which maximises the use of highly motivated, enthusiastic, and engaged staff, parents, and community members. Quality partnerships and positive relationships with a proactive community and parent body form the basis of our collective drive and vision as a school of excellence.
Our vision is that as a school community we will support and encourage each child to do their best and celebrate their efforts and successes. At Rosalie PS we support our students through developing; a love of learning; an implicit set of values guiding them to be active contributors in society; providing opportunities to grow and engage academically, socially, emotionally, physically, and creatively so they achieve their full potential; and providing a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rosalie Primary School can be found by visiting rosalie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Roslyn Kay, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9366 9700 or emailing Roslyn.Kay@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.