Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS744616
Suitable applicants from pool process IPS/SS715706 need not apply
Ocean Reef Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to replenish their pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
This role requires the capacity to undertake a wide range of effective administration and customer focused support services within a challenging, fast paced school context. We have various opportunities to develop generic as well as specific administrative roles including, reception and general administration, financial services, facilities and grounds administration, HR and Payroll, VET and Workplace Learning support, Student Services and support to other corporate services functional areas as required.
Suitable applicants will ideally be professional and exhibit a positive solution focused approach that embraces new ways of working. They should display a focus on team work, self-motivation and initiative in addition to modelling excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Experience of working within a school administrative role will be advantageous.
The role requires strong IT skills using various Microsoft Office and Department of Education database software packages. A knowledge of Student Information System (SIS), RM Finance, RM Billing and Compass would be desirable.
At Ocean Reef SHS, we are committed to providing a learning environment that allows our students and staff to reach their potential. Through a high performance culture, and staff efficacy, we nurture every student’s talents, fostering the knowledge, skills, capabilities, attributes and values they will require for successful ongoing learning and life beyond school. Students, families, and staff work as partners, collaborating to ensure that each student is on a pathway to success.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef Senior High School can be found by visiting oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Melissa Maio, Business Support Officer by telephoning (08) 6206 2709 or emailing Melissa.Maio@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for twowork related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 24 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.