Advertised Vacancy Number SS/DP748595
Madora Bay Primary School (planning name) (MBPS) is seeking to establish a pool of Associate Principals for appointments to permanent, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
MBPS (planning name) are seeking instructional leaders who hold themselves accountable to high expectations, display a deep commitment to positively impacting outcomes for all students, inspire excellence in those around them, and cultivate strong relationships to positively influence school culture.
As foundation members of the school’s leadership team, suitable applicants will be uniquely positioned to support the establishment and growth of the school’s vision, values, systems and culture. Positive and purposeful communication will underpin the applicants’ practice. They will be highly visible and committed to supporting the school’s focus on high performance and high care, while providing the leadership required for all staff to enable this.
Ideally, applicants will utilise their strong skills in evidence-based teaching, learning and assessment practices to lead the implementation of a contemporary school-wide pedagogical framework, ensuring effective student engagement. They should have the skills to lead and embed a guaranteed and viable curriculum, in order to deliver high quality learning opportunities for every student.
As strategic leaders, you will ideally draw on experience in coaching staff and modelling practice to embed whole school approaches including inclusive practices, digital technologies, classroom management strategies and high impact teaching. You will ideally display strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise both the operational and strategic imperatives of the role.
The ability to establish genuine, positive and caring relationships with our students and families is paramount. Knowledge and understanding of leading Positive Behaviour Support, Classroom Management Strategies, Social and Emotional Learning and supporting students at educational risk are desirable to provide strong pastoral care that supports the health and wellbeing of all our students.
At MBPS (planning name), every child will gain the skills and attributes to achieve their life aspirations in an environment where they are connected, valued and counted. Our school will work in close partnership with its community to strive for excellence, where outcomes for students guide all decision making in a culture of high expectations, driven by a cohesive and highly skilled team of educators.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Madora Bay Prospectus, also available from the Coastal Lakes College website, in preparing to apply for this role.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Madora Bay Primary School (planning name) can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Samantha Benn, Principal by telephoning (08) 9583 2826 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the work related requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, with one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.