Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP742277
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
West Busselton Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Deputy Principal (Early Years) and join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will manage and lead Early Years staff and students by providing instructional and curriculum leadership under the direction of the Principal. In collaboration with the Principal and members of the Executive Team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and establishing strong relationships with students, staff and the community. The successful applicant will possess a strong understanding and evidenced practice of the Early Years Learning Framework, explicit instruction & play, as part of a balanced curriculum, school operations, Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support program (PBIS) and pastoral care.
The successful applicant will have outstanding communication and organisational skills; resilience and the ability to lead staff to effectively implement the West Australian Curriculum. They will also have displayed experience in embedding whole-school approaches, coordinating and initiating strategies for supporting students at Educational Risk; and engaging staff, parents and students with the National Quality Standards.
West Busselton PS is an Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 and has a proud reputation in the wider community for providing a caring and supportive environment that caters for the individual needs of all children. We are a Positive Behaviour school, focusing on the values of Being Respectful, Responsible, Caring and Doing our Best.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g., Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Busselton Primary School can be found by visiting www.westbusseltonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jaime Adair, Principal by telephoning (08) 9751 8400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.