Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS746028
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
As School Officer – Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Library Support you will be required to provide administration support to the VET Coordinator, Workplace Learning Co-ordinator, Farm, Admin and Class Staff. This role will require you to support and assist students, providing them with resources and information related to their training.
You will assist with the maintenance of school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date. The successful applicant will assist with Library operations and VET training program processing and operate a range of software packages, particularly databases and word processing.
On occasion you will be asked to assist with other School Officer roles which may include reception, filing, marketing, attendance, finance etc.
It is desirable for the successful applicant to have some experience with VET training packages, Library systems eg: Oliver or similar and have an understanding of Reporting to Parents (RTP).
The A College of Agriculture - Harvey (WACOA - Harvey) has a long standing reputation for excellence and a history of producing fine young citizens. The WACOA - Harvey is well prepared to embrace the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing world. In a unique agricultural setting we set high expectations, encourage innovation and always seek ways to improve.
The WACOA - Harvey is well prepared to embrace the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing world. In a unique agricultural setting we set high expectations, encourage innovation and always seek ways to improve. The College is situated on the foothills of the Darling Scarp in the high rainfall zone. It is located some 145 km south of Perth, 20km inland from the coast and 35 km north of Bunbury.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Harvey can be found by visiting www.harveyag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Teresa Hickman, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wokalup, by telephoning (08) 9782 2100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.