Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS742785
Allendale Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant - Special Needs - Lead for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
As a suitable applicant you will possess strong moral purpose and professional integrity at all times and be a strong advocate for evidence based, best practice approaches to working with students with diagnosed and imputed disabilities.
As Lead Education Assistant at Allendale PS you will work with the administration team to manage the performance of all support staff. You will be considered part of the broader school leadership team, regularly making important decisions and having fierce conversations to better staff performance and improve student outcomes.
Evidence of effectively mentoring or coaching colleagues to improve performance will be highly valued during the recruitment process.
At Allendale PS, students are at the centre of everything we do. The ability to work closely with classroom teachers, interagency staff and parents/caregivers to improve student outcomes will be a core responsibility of the Lead EA. This will require refined interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.
Allendale PS is a proud Independent Public School catering for Kindergarten to Year 6 students. Our staff share a collective responsibility for providing every student with a pathway to a successful future. APS is situated in the centre of Geraldton and our families live within Wonthella and surrounding suburbs. Our school’s ICSEA is 891. We currently have 388 students enrolled, a third of these students identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Allendale Primary School can be found by visiting www.allendaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Chad Barnes, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 99236600 or emailing Chad.Barnes@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.