Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE745649
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Albany Residential College is seeking a highly motivated individual to the role of Boarding Supervisor – Female.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
This job opportunity is unique if you are a caring, dedicated and enthusiastic person who has a genuine desire to assist young people complete their education while living away from home and family. Boarding supervisor’s help students develop into well rounded and responsible members of the Residential College community. They support them with their personal development and school learning and help students become involved in college life by organising a range of recreational activities and excursions.
For this position, the person's gender is a genuine occupational qualification (Equal Opportunity Act 1984). Only applicants possessing the required qualification will be considered to be suitable for this role.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of students in a residential setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to initiate, plan, document and safely lead a wide range of leisure activities for secondary students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write plans, pastoral notes and reports; and interact positively with students and parents including those with diverse multicultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated capacity to successfully meet and maintain the required eligibility and training requirements of this position.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Lauren Franklin, College Manger by telephoning (08) 9844 2500 or emailing Lauren.Franklin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold (and maintain) a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision Making within six months of commencement of employment
- work according to rostered hours which may include nights, weekends and public holidays
- obtain (prior to first rostered shift working with students) and maintain a current:
- First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID009); and
- First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID011);
- within six months of commencement of employment obtain and maintain a current:
- LR Class Driver’s Licence and a Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorisation;
- Aquatic Rescue for Group lll Pool Award*; and
- Surf Rescue Certificate*;
- obtain a Certificate IV in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015) within six months of commencement of employment.
* Dependent on operational requirements as determined by College Manager.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 May 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.