Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE742535
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing June 2022 with possible extension
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Business and Customer Services Division is seeking a Leasing Accountant to join their friendly team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Leasing Accountant will undertake a range of financial accounting and reporting activities relating to leases. This includes preparation of formal lease reconciliations, facilitation of monthly processes and the production of end-of-year reports. You will provide comprehensive advice and support to stakeholders on a range of operational, legislative and procedural matters including termination of leases. The Leasing Accountant ensures leases are undertaken in compliance with financial legislation, Australian Accounting Standards and government policy directives, including statutory reporting requirements.
The successful applicant ensures Ministerial correspondence, parliamentary questions and general correspondence are attended to in a timely and informative manner as well as maintaining information systems to provide advice and guidance on processes and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness of leases. As Leasing Accountant, you will investigate issues and problems arising from leasing arrangements and ensures that appropriate solutions are achieved.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated practical knowledge and experience in applying financial legislation, the Australian Accounting Standards and government policies related to leasing.
3. Demonstrated practical experience in financial analysis, database management and financial modelling.
6. Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and use initiative.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact David Begho, Accounting Team Leader - Finance Services by telephoning (08) 9264 8581 or emailing David.Begho@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 May 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position