Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS744882
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Woodlupine Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of motivated and compassionate Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
The Education Assistant – Mainstream will, under teacher direction, assist in the implementation and delivery of education programs across all year groups. The suitable applicants will ideally have knowledge and experience in planning and delivering, and assessing small group reading intervention programs for low-progress readers from Early Childhood to Year 6, preferably with experience in InitiaLit, MiniLit, MacqLit and Spelling Mastery.
You will be required to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, displays and demonstrations, and support the teacher with the cleaning and safe storage of items after classes and activities. The suitable applicants will also assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students from Kindergarten to upper primary school with out-of-class activities, and on school excursions. In this role it would be advantageous for applicants to display initiative and have a high level of verbal and written communication skills. Confidence in using multimedia and ICT knowledge is highly desirable.
Effective relationships and partnerships which promote positive outcomes for students are central to everything we do. At Woodlupine PS, we are committed to creating a learning environment that produces well rounded citizens, and encourages students to be creative, responsible and curious citizens on which to build the future of this community. These qualities underpin the professional and positive working relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodlupine Primary School can be found by visiting woodlupineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lara Govers, Principal, by telephoning 0417 508 260 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.