Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS746750
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you an exceptional School Officer?
If so, we want you to join our Administration Team
Inglewood Primary School (PS) is looking for a dedicated and experienced School Officer to join our friendly and highly supportive team.
The successful applicant will need to work as part of the office team in a busy and dynamic school environment. Our students, staff and the wider community are a priority for the school so liaising respectfully and positively, at all times, is an important aspect of the role.
Ideally applicants will be experienced in using Schools Information System (SIS) Administration, Enrolments, PM Billing, Faults, MS Office suite of programs and website experience. The successful applicant will ideally have an excellent focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative, excellence in customer service delivery and administrative support. Strong organisational skills and be able to with minimal supervision, or independently. The flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment is highly desirable.
Duties/Responsibilities required (but not limited to):
- Assist Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school.
- Handle front desk inquiries
- Collaborate with all staff on daily operations
- Liaise with the community in a supportive and inclusive way
- Positive approach to the role and ability to learn new skills and processes when needed.
- Reassuring and supportive manner with staff, students and parents.
Inglewood PS has a legacy of working closely with the community. The school is a diverse environment with highly supportive staff and administrative team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Inglewood Primary School can be found by visiting inglewood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole West, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6206 3100 or emailing Nicole.West2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) to three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday May 20, 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.