Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS743312
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Waroona District High School (DHS) is seeking a highly dedicated and skilled Manager Corporate Services to join their Executive team.
The successful applicant will be an active member of our Executive team in our small but complex district high school environment. In collaboration with the team they will provide operational input to the resourcing and development of school staffing, operational and marketing plans and will monitor the school’s financial performance against these plans. Experience in using a range of application packages such as Schools Resourcing, Integris, Assets Manager, RM Billing and RM Finance will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will ideally also have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality relationships. Communication with school personnel and developing strong community relationships and links is a key element of this role. The successful applicant will ideally possess outstanding oral, written, interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills. The ability to manage the performance of a wide variety of non teaching staff, including the ability to manage conflict and/or performance related issues would be highly regarded.
At Waroona DHS, we pride ourselves on our unique and supportive learning environment. Being a District High School we are in the unique position of being able to offer students an educational journey that commences in Kindergarten and continues in the same school until the end of Year 10. Consequently, our school is highly supportive and safe for students who are able to form quality relationships with staff and their peers over their Kindergarten to Year 10 educational journey.
The size and nature of Waroona DHS provides the ideal environment for students to learn in a caring environment. We are fortunate to be able to offer small class sizes, experienced and dedicated Teachers, Education Assistants and support staff that cater to individual academic and pastoral care needs. As students reach secondary school, our curriculum is designed to prepare students for upper secondary schooling pathways. We are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all students at Waroona DHS and beyond.
Waroona DHS offers a Kindergarten to Year 10 education to our students. The school is situated in a beautiful garden setting close to the town centre and adjacent to a modern recreation and aquatic centre. We are able to utilise this facility to enhance our curriculum delivery in physical education on a regular basis.
Our school operates a number of specialist programs including Physical Education and Basketball, Visual Arts, Design and Technology and Home Economics. The school participates in Country Week annually and it is a much anticipated experience for our students.
We operate a thriving Bush Rangers Cadet Program in which every secondary student is involved. This enables the school to provide an extensive environmental program and our students have the opportunity to build relationships with local environmental groups and industry. These opportunities exist on our doorstop and give our students a distinct advantage over others in the development of environmental skills and knowledge.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Waroona District High School can be found by visiting waroonadhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jacquie Abbiss, Principal, by telephoning 97827000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.