Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS729731
College Row School are seeking to establish a pool of Gardener – Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
The successful applicant will have experience and abilities to maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and attractive condition. The role includes maximising the growing environment for native and non-native, plants, maintaining lawns and hard landscapes. In this role you will also maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provide advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance.
To be successful in the role of Gardener - Handyperson you will ideally be confident in performing minor repairs and have sound knowledge and apply safe work practices to all your duties.
At College Row School we pride ourselves on our sense of community and work closely with parents, external professionals and other stakeholders for the benefit of our students and community. We focus on maintaining a positive reputation by delivering programs of excellence for student who have complex needs, with emphasis on inclusivity, quality education programs and behaviour management.
Our school grounds include ample equipment for play and interaction and an excellent hydrotherapy pool. Facilities also include an upper secondary teaching block, workshop, garage and a horticulture garden.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about College Row School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Liz Asher, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9724 3050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Liz Asher on 0403 619 292
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria 2 and 3 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria. (Selection criteria will be inserted to assist applicants)
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) from the Monday, 24 Janurary 2022 to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school in advance, to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 7 February 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.