Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE729223
This is a permanent full-time position commencing February 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Corporate Information Services (CIS) within the Business and Customer Services (BCS) Division at the Department of Education is seeking to appoint an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) Support Analyst.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will liaise with stakeholders and subject matter experts across all levels to elicit, define, validate and prioritise business requirements for the development of the EDRMS. You will research and analyse emerging EDRMS trends and identify opportunities to improve the EDRMS.
The EDRMS Business Analyst assist in operations and maintenance of the EDRMS, including identification and resolution of EDRMS technical issues in alignment with the Department’s Incident and Change Management policies and procedures.
The EDRMS Business Analyst will undertake investigation and research to support the development and implementation of EDRMS enhancements, including integrations with Line of Business systems.
CIS is responsible for developing an organisation-wide culture of keeping complete, accessible and authentic corporate information. It develops information management policy, procedures and guidelines; and administers record keeping audits to ensure that the Department complies with standards and legislation relating to creation, use, security, retention and disposal of corporate information. CIS assists schools, Regional Education Offices, Central Office and other Department business units to improve business processes, customer service and legislative compliance through good practice information management. The Library assists Departmental staff with research and facilitates access to published information sources.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed knowledge and understanding of the State Records Act 2000, with the ability to apply records management principles and concepts to an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS).
- Considerable experience in the administration and maintenance of an Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS).
- Practical business process improvement experience, including sound analytical, conceptual and research skills, and the ability to devise creative and effective solutions to complex problems in a large and diverse environment.
- Well developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to provide appropriate advice and focus on providing high quality customer service.
- Written communications skills, including experience in formulating and/or structuring reports and documentation for technical and business clients.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Brent Foster, EDRMS Administrator by telephoning (08) 9264 5042 or emailing Brent.Foster@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Class ‘C’ Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- undertake travel to schools and regional offices
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 27 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.