Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE727180
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Statewide Services Division provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. The Leadership branch provides direct support to school principals through a range of initiatives and provides high-quality, innovative and evidence-based professional learning programs for school leaders at all stages of their career.
The Leadership branch is seeking a skilled and innovative educator with current knowledge of teaching and learning methods to join our team. The successful applicant will, in collaboration with team members and stakeholders, develop, design and deliver professional learning programs for teachers and school leaders across the state.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Education Officer coordinates the operational day-to-day logistics of professional learning program delivery. The position assists in the planning of programs including quality assurance and communication methodologies. The Education Officer gathers feedback, monitors, reviews and evaluates learning programs and their quality and facilitates improvements and changes where appropriate. This is achieved through maintaining an up-to-date professional knowledge of latest educational, professional learning and leadership development trends.
The role establishes and maintains working relationships across sectors, across schools and regions and within the Department to facilitate program success. The role has a specific focus to support teachers to gain Senior Teacher and Level 3 Classroom Teacher status, utilising current school practices. The role will also coordinate other Institute programs as required.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices and requirements in relevant area/s of specialist expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, monitoring and reviewing professional learning and support programs in relevant area/s of specialist expertise.
- Demonstrated highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and integrate services both within and beyond the Department.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with change and generate innovative solutions related to teaching and learning issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and other documentation to support and inform senior officers.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Fiona Winfield, Manager, by telephoning 0418 916 010 or emailing Fiona.Winfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 14 February 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.