Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE721991
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Leadership Institute is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join our dynamic team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Leadership Institute supports the Department of Education’s strategic objectives and provides high-quality, innovative and evidence-based professional learning programs for school leaders at all stages of their career.
The Administrative Assistant will assist in supporting the Leadership Institute across a range of administrative functions to support the day-to-day coordination of the Institute programs.
This will include a range of administrative, information and communication technology (ICT) support functions. Key tasks include:
- the purchasing, installation, maintenance and support of ICT systems and services, including PCs, printers, network hardware, phones and software;
- maintain the resource and asset register and assist staff in the use of technology in workshop facilities;
- maintaining enrolment system and learning management systems;
- handling customer service enquiries;
- organising workshops and venue management including catering and set-up; and
- preparing workshop materials.
Applicants who are proactive, capable of working independently, able to deal with multiple demands, have good organisational skills, exhibit a flexible approach and have problem solving skills will be highly regarded. The work is challenging but also exciting.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in the support of information and communication technologies, including supporting PCs, printers, telephones, tablets and associated hardware and software.
- Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills within the information technology field, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Demonstrated sound organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in clerical and administrative duties.
- Demonstrated sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Fiona Winfield, Manager Leadership, by telephoning 0418 916 010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Monday, 31 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position