Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE717537
Please note an amendment was made to the closing date at 2:15PM (AWST) on Friday, 14 January 2022
This is an exciting opportunity for you to thrive in a team of strategic communications professionals who deliver quality programs, services and projects for our large government agency, with student achievement at the heart of everything we do.
The Communications and Media directorate is seeking to establish a pool of Public Relations Coordinator for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
We are looking for experienced well-rounded people who can hit the ground running. You might come with a background in corporate communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism, or a mix of some or all of these.
In these roles you will be responsible for designing and delivering a range of strategic internal and external communications, social marketing, and promotional campaigns. You will also be responsible for content development across all our channels. No day is ever the same, with interesting and challenging work hitting your desk every week - so you will need to be self-motivated, driven, highly organised and have solid experience in contributing to a high functioning team. You will also need to be able to think on your feet and work under pressure to meet competing priorities.
We’re looking for people who model our work behaviours of being purposeful, connected, high performing and leading ethically. Our people are passionate about what they do. We want someone who values the work we do as well as everyone in the team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated highly developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships and liaise and negotiate on high level and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with a proven ability to provide creative and lateral thinking in developing and implementing strategies.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Sharon Maloney, Manager - Public Relations and Marketing by telephoning 0436 806 312 or emailing Sharon.Maloney@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED