Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS729816
West Leederville Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
West Leederville PS is committed to a culture of high expectations where every staff member, regardless of position, is focussed on learning success for every student and presenting a high level of professionalism in our day to day duties. As such, we are seeking School Officers who ideally have a high level of experience and skill in an education context to join our experienced Corporate Services team. Suitable applicants should have a thorough understanding of how to apply high levels of customer service principles and practices, possess exceptional communication and clerical skills, have the ability to learn and adopt ICT processes and skills, and be a supportive, capable team member. Suitable applicants will ideally have sound organisational skills and the flexibility to adapt to new roles and responsibilities to suit the growing business needs of the school.
Suitable applicants should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery, and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community, and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages - particularly databases and word processing.
Responsibilities of the School Officer may include student attendance, undertaking reception duties, meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, maintaining school databases - including records and management information systems - to ensure they are accurate and up-to date, and maintaining and updating the school communications tools (such as School Stream, Seesaw, webpage and social media applications). Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), RM Billing, RM Finance, HRMIS, Microsoft Office, 365 and Excel would be desirable.
West Leederville PS is located 3km west of the Perth central business district and was founded in 1898. West Leederville PS is a community of learners committed to best practice and visionary, innovative learning experiences that foster the skills, values and attitudes needed in the active pursuit of a sustainable and innovative global future.
Our original buildings are heritage listed and provide unique character with ten classrooms surrounding the traditional school hall. In 2010, a new library, music and art/science facility was completed followed by an administration building in 2011.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Leederville Primary School can be found by visiting wlps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sheri Evans, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9366 9750 or emailing Sheri.Evans@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please feel free to SMS or text message Sheri Evans on 0414 703 933 and arrangements will be made for an appropriate time to discuss the position.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 19 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.