Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS726624
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a team leader with attention to detail? If so, we look forward to your application!
Manjimup Senior High School (MSHS) is looking for a hardworking and dedicated Cleaner in Charge (CiC) to lead the school’s team of cleaners. The CiC will work split shifts in the mornings and afternoons.
The successful applicant will ideally be a motivated and proactive person with strong communication and interpersonal skills who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace. You will ensure our school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education (DoE) policy and procedures. Ideally, you will have experience in supervising and motivating staff and managing staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
The CiC will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns. You will maintain the cleaner’s record of working hour’s book, arrange relief cleaning staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources. It is highly desirable that the CiC has a high level of attention to detail and knowledge of DoE cleaning policies and procedures.
The CiC is responsible for opening/closing the school, carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. They will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, general cleaning, and other such duties as required. Additionally, they will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other duties as directed.
MSHS has a long-standing reputation for academic achievement and sporting prowess. Our students consistently achieve outstanding Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) results and we are regularly listed as one of the top performing public schools in Western Australia. The school offers a wide range of subjects and training programs and a range of extra-curricular activities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Manjimup Senior High School can be found by visiting www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Robyn McCracken, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup, by telephoning 0411 065 968.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 31 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.