Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE713805
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Flexible working arrangements
The Role and our Branch
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Contracts Officer who is interested and passionate about improving educational outcomes for students in public schools through best procurement practice.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As part of this role you will assist in managing the procurement of low-moderate risk contracts through building strong relationships with key stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the Department. This will include critical thinking and ability to understand and visualise the needs of a client, to ensure appropriate procurement processes take place to achieve the desired outcomes.
As the successful applicant you will be required to lead the preparation of documentation from procurement planning through to award of contracts. In addition, you will be involved in providing purchasing advice on routine, low risk contract development and management issues. The successful applicant will facilitate tender evaluations and prepare tender evaluation reports and contract documentation whilst undertaking research and data analysis of contracts under management. Further to this, you will assist in providing reports on Department and/or school procurement.
Our team is part of the Commercial Service Directorate and the greater Finance and Commercial Services Group which provides development and promotion opportunity within the Group. Our Directorate has responsibility for the provision of support to the Department and Schools, for contract planning and management, insurance management, fleet management and commercial legal advice.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Sector Procurement policies, issues and strategic directions.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in contract development and/or contract management.
- Demonstrated sound written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare reports, procurement and specification documents.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Bindy Syminton, Manager - Commercial Services by telephoning (08) 9264 4148 or emailing Bindy.Syminton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.