Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS728511
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Denmark Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and reliable Cleaner.
The successful applicant will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
To be suitable for this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Located in one of the most scenic towns in Western Australia, Denmark SHS was built on its present location in 2000. The school is positioned on 19 hectares of land bordering the Denmark River. Denmark SHS has modern, aesthetically designed facilities that cater for students from Yeas 7 to Year 12.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Denmark Senior High School please visit www.denmarkshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Peter Ridge, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning 0407 774 343 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees
- A cover letter of around one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school 956 South Coast Highway, Denmark WA before the closing date and time. As the school is closed please contact Peter Ridge (0407 774 343) to arrange a suitable drop off location.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 20 January 2022
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED