Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE708122
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
Are you a Project Officer who:
- Is motivated to support a sustainable future through innovation and influencing change?
- Can meet current challenges and contribute to implementing practical solutions across the Department of Education in curriculum, infrastructure and operations
- Can contribute positively and practically in working with a passionate team.
The Role and the Sustainability Unit
The Department of Education’s Sustainability Unit is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Project Officer.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will assist with the planning, implementation, evaluation and review of sustainability projects as well as provide specialist advice to a wide range of stakeholders on matters regarding the sustainability program.
The successful applicant will assist in developing schools’ understanding of and capacity to manage and implement sustainability projects and maintain a focus on customer service delivery and collaboration.
The Sustainability Unit is responsible for bringing together all the sustainability activities currently being delivered across the organisation under a unified and strategic systems approach at public schools across the State.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of processes relating to the management and implementation of sustainability projects.
- Skills and experience in relevant project management software applications.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and maintain collaborative partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Will Carroll, Manager – Strategic Projects by telephoning 9264 4448 or emailing William.Carroll@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the Sustainability Unit
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.