Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS729599
As of 11.30am Tuesday, 18 January 2022, the closing date of this advertisement has been extended.
Coodanup College is seeking to establish a pool of Vocational Education and Training (VET) Coordinators for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
The suitable applicants will ideally demonstrate a commitment to facilitating student achievement and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
As the VET Cordinator the suitable applicants should be highly proficient in engaging and motivating staff to deliver duality teaching to ensure student achievement is in line with our school business plan priorities.
The role of the VET Coordinator is to provide administrative support ensuring the efficient operation of the Career Development/VET Office, including administering spreadsheets, databases, student records and effective management of other school information systems.
Coodanup College is an Independent Public School and the suitable applicants will ideally demonstrate a commitment to facilitating student achievement and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Suitable candidates should be highly proficient in engaging and motivating staff to deliver duality teaching to ensure student achievement is in line with our school business plan priorities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and competency in the industry, vocation or professional field relevant to this position.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Skills Framework, including Training Packages, Australian Qualifications Framework, AQTF, Recognition of Prior Leaning and competency-based training and assessment.
- Ability to design and prepare training programs and assessment materials to a high standard.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including young people.
- Well developed initiative and organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a team.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coodanup College can be found by visiting www.coodanup.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Debra Hurren, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9581 0900 or emailing Debra.Hurren@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Debra Hurren on 0414 959 097
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.