Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE726999
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing February 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Mid-West Education Region is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Participation Coordinator to join the Mid-West Regional Education Office.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Participation Coordinator provides case brokerage and support services to upper secondary school-aged students at risk of disengaging from an effective transition into appropriate education, training, and employment options. The role is responsible for making appropriate assessment of individual students’ needs, including developing high-quality plans to access appropriate pathways to a range of post-school options. In addition to this you will develop and maintain an effective network of youth, employment, education and training services relevant to young people in the locality and across regions. Your will collect data on participation strategies, and monitor and report on client outcomes.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to communicate effectively with all key people, including students, parents, leadership teams in schools, agencies and industry. The successful applicant will ideally be culturally responsive and have sound interpersonal skills.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Lisa Criddle, Director of Education Midwest Regional Education Office by telephoning 0475 950 184 or emailing Lisa.Criddle@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- undertake travel, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations, as required
- undertake travel in small aeroplanes to remote locations, as required
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.