Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS727910
Applicants found suitable in pool process IPS/SS700697 need not reapply
Eden Hill Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a high level of interpersonal skills to enable them to work collaboratively with staff members in the delivery of planned education programs, under the direction of the teacher or unsupervised. They will promote a supportive and inclusive learning environment. The ability to assist in the delivery of planned programs and provide monitoring feedback of students’ performance is essential of this role.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess the knowledge and experience in working with students with a range of disabilities and learning difficulties, and the ability to support student growth, both academically and socially, within the classroom setting. They will ideally have the knowledge of effective strategies to support students, combined with the ability to be highly organised and use initiative.
Suitable applicants will ideally display experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder across year levels K-6. Experience working with students with Dyslexia, challenging behaviours, mental health issues, and vision and hearing impairment would be an advantage. Furthermore, training and background in the delivery of the MULTILIT intervention programs will be highly regarded. Knowledge of Zones of Regulation, trauma informed practices as well as Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Programs is desirable.
The Education Assistant – Special Needs may be working with small groups and or individual students in the classroom or another setting, to support their academic and social development during their time at the school.
Eden Hill PS centres on a positive school culture. We provide a very supportive working environment and always look to support the professional development and well-being of staff and students. Our school is a happy, friendly working environment, where everyone counts.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eden Hill Primary School can be found by visiting edenhillps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Susan Retallack, Student Services, by telephoning (08) 6455 0800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Susan Retallack on 0423 881 425.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 20 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.