Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE728849
If you’re interested in joining an energetic, dedicated and friendly team, look no further!
The Staff Recruitment and Employment Services directorate are seeking to establish a pool of proactive and enthusiastic Recruitment Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise at any time during 2022 and up until the end of April 2023. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements during this period.
As a Recruitment Officer, you will support West Australian public school principals and line managers in the Department’s central and regional oﬃces by facilitating the recruitment, selection and appointment of staﬀ through providing online processing and support for all requests to advertise and ﬁll vacancies.
Suitable applicants will provide a customer focused service including the provision of advice and assistance to selection panels and key stakeholders on advertising, online recruitment and selection strategies, and appointment procedures. You will also respond to queries from applicants regarding employment opportunities and assist with the online application process.
Working as part of a team, you will be focused on meeting both individual and team goals, and possess a genuine desire to support others. You would also be confident in establishing and maintaining working relationships with colleagues and clients, by ensuring clear and open communication.
Your ability to manage conflicting deadlines and multiple work demands will be highly regarded, as will your ability to adapt to and manage change. Previous experience in recruitment or other HR related functions would also be an advantage.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal eﬀectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels and assist with client enquiries over the phone and in writing.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise tasks whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to work eﬀectively as part of a team and contribute to innovative workplace change initiatives.
- Understanding of policies, awards and legislation related to recruitment and advertising principles and practices.
- Experience in the application of computerised human resource management information systems and/or online recruitment databases or equivalent.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further job related information
Please contact Davina Goh or Pare Boyle, Recruitment Operations Coordinator's on (08) 9264 8735 or emailing Davina.Goh@education.wa.edu.au or Pare.Boyle@education.wa.edu.au (not to be contacted for job application packages)
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Step 1: Prepare the following documentation:
- a two (2) page covering letter addressing the selection criteria 1, 4 and 5
- a three (3) page CV outlining your employment history and professional experience relating to this position
- the contact details for two referees (one preferably being your line manager who can validate your skills and experience for this position)
Step 2: Select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen
Step 3: Complete the online application form and attach your documents.
All applications must be submitted online.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Short listed applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 27 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED