Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS729163
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Warriapendi Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year up to the end of Term 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencement within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2023.
We seek Mainstream Education Assistants who are committed to maximising their impact on student learning and who work well within a team. Our staff must have high expectations and truly believe that all children can learn and be successful. Suitable applicants will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes, displays, and demonstrations, and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs. Experience with our whole school programs of Spelling Mastery, Let’s Decode, and PRIME Maths will be highly regarded. An understanding of our CROWN values would be favourable.
Warriapendi PS is a co-educational Independent Public School (2010), first opened in 1970. We are located in the northern suburb of Balga, thirteen kilometres north of Perth City. The school has an enrolment of approximately 250 students drawn from diverse, cultural backgrounds. We value current and up-to-date teaching methods and are proud of our highly professional and competent school staff.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warriapendi Primary School can be found by visiting warriapendips.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jacob Slavin, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9345 6100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period, please contact Jacob Slavin on 0403 150 276.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 19 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.