Please be advised that as of 2:30pm Tuesday, 18 January 2022, the closing date has been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS725904
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Morawa District High School (DHS) is seeking a reliable and hard-working Gardener/Handyperson to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will present and maintain the school grounds and gardens in a clean, neat and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The gardener maintains tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provides advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance. In addition the successful applicant ensures that formal and informal sports areas are marked as required and performs minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Morawa DHS is located in the Northern Wheatbelt, 370 km North of Perth with a student population of approximately 185 enrolled students from Kindergarten to Year 12. The town is predominantly a wheat and sheep farming community with the redevelopment of iron ore mining.
The school shares a commitment with parents and the community to provide a safe, stimulating and differentiated learning environment, encouraging all students to be fully engaged and motivated to excel.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Morawa District High School please visit morawadistricthighschool.com or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Jenkins, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa, by telephoning 0429 723 012 or emailing Linda.Jenkins@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- sound communication and interpersonal skills
- experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management
- experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks
- knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 1 February 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED OR SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.</p