Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS726876
Greenwood College is seeking to establish a pool of Student Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Suitable applicants would support students individually and in small groups with challenges they face each day. You will be required to work in a team with the School Psychologist, School Chaplain and Student Services Team to provide wrap around student support. A component of this role will involve you developing links with families to support students at risk. The Student Support Officer will ideally be flexible, adaptable, have the ability to think on their feet, relate well to young people, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of people. We are looking for someone who is solutions focused who can combine their professional knowledge and experience to support students to positively engage in education.
The Greenwood College Business Plan 2021 - 2023 outlines the strategic direction of our College. It describes the work we will undertake to make a real difference to the lives of students. It has been developed from extensive consultation and review with students, staff and parents. We have a commitment to our community that every child will receive a high-quality education and leave our College with choices and opportunities for the future.
Greenwood College, established 44 years ago, is a thriving, multicultural senior high school in the Perth northern suburbs. The College provides high quality teaching and learning focused on academic success, strong pastoral care and innovative and specialised educational programs that meet the needs of all students. We work collaboratively to enable all students to Learn, Grow and Change. The College supports students to adopt a growth mind-set in all their endeavours, to engage in education for life, to develop resiliency and ensure their readiness for pathways beyond school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Greenwood College can be found by visiting www.greenwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kristy Moore, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 9243 9200 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Kristy Moore on 0459 902 988.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.