Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE722046
Asset Planning and Services is seeking two (2) Property Coordinators to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available:
For Fixed term tenure only
- One - seven (7) month fixed term, full-time position with possible extension and/or permanency
- One – nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position with possible extension and/or permanency
Both positions will commence ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Asset Planning and Services Division is seeking a highly motivated Property Coordinator to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Property Coordinator will be responsible for the effective operation of key properties and will liaise and negotiate with tenants, building managers and other stakeholders regarding property, facilities and leasing service issues whilst developing, maintaining and communicating quality procedures in relation to a range of properties and facilities. The successful applicant will address occupants’ needs, manage risk and safety, manage parking, manage budgets and manage projects relating to the properties. You will also assist with the preparation and submission of technical specification documents for expressions of interest and tendering processes.
You will be an excellent communicator, who is able to liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders. As a Property Coordinator you will have a strong work ethic and are able to handle competing priorities whilst still maintaining deadlines.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated considerable skills and experience in property, lease and/or facilities management to produce the position’s deliverables.
- Demonstrated conceptual research and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative responses to resolve workplace issues
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain good client relationships and provide quality client service.
- Demonstrated proven skills and experience in setting and achieving Branch and/or client priorities within agreed timelines, including the ability to manage competing demands and to manage multiple, diverse projects.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Paul Hemmings, Principal Consultant, by telephoning 9264 5109 or emailing Paul.Hemmings@education.wa.edu.au
During the period of 25 December 2021 - 3 January 2022, please contact Paul Hemmings on 0428 395 418
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.