Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE721660
Project Support is seeking two (2) highly motivated individuals to the roles of Principal Consultant – Contracts to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available:
- (2) two - permanent full-time position/s
All positions will commence ASAP
The Role and our Branch
This is an outstanding opportunity to use your contract management expertise to support our Projects branch transform system strategies and initiatives into practical programs of support for schools.
The Project branch sits within a new Service Design and Support directorate within the Statewide Services division. The directorate provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. It is currently transitioning to a new service delivery model to strengthen its services and supports to schools and the education system.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
In this newly created key role you will facilitate, develop and manage complex and/or high-risk contracts, including procurement planning, contract formation, contract documentation and evaluation. You will also undertake probity, compliance and quality assessment of contract documents and submissions and complete quality assurance of contract and procurement approval procedures and processes. Your commitment to ‘best practice’ sees you continually monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of procurement and contracting and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
This role undertakes research to identify contracting needs to support the work of the Projects branch and teams across Statewide Services and establishes contracting strategies and frameworks. to manage procurement risks and deliver value for money outcomes.
You will develop and manage procurement policies, standards, process improvements and guidelines, including the continuous review of contract forms, guides, templates and communications and provide expert advice on complex contract planning, development and management issues.
Important for this role will be your ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a multidisciplinary team across Statewide Services and the system to support implementation of consistent and rigorous approaches to contracts and risk management for Statewide Services.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of the public sector contracting framework and experience in developing and managing complex, high-risk contracts.
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills with experience in preparing complex procurement and technical documents.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and consult effectively at senior levels in the private and public sectors.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed skills in providing leadership and working collaboratively to manage a range of complex projects.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Lorraine Scorer, Manager, Projects, by phone (08) 9402 6136 or email Lorraine.Scorer@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.