Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE721209
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced project professional to join our Projects branch in Service Design and Support.
The Service Design and Support Directorate sits within the Statewide Services division and provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. The Division is currently transitioning to a new service delivery model designed to strengthen its services and supports to schools and the education system.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
In this key role you will transform system strategies and initiatives into practical programs of support. You will be responsible for implementation, coordination of support programs and special projects.
The role also provides input to the development of policy, implementation frameworks, annual project plans and other key documentation. Your commitment to ‘best practice’ sees you continually monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of programs and projects and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
You will use your excellent written communication skills and strong knowledge and experience in undertaking research and reviewing and analysing policies, in order to provide strategic advice on education issues and initiatives.
You will also identify new priorities and initiatives in consultation with key stakeholders and undertake research on emerging trends and issues related to reform planning and development.
Important for this role will be your ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a multidisciplinary team across Statewide Services and the system to support implementation of consistent and rigorous approaches to project management and risk assessment for projects of Statewide Services.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated high-level project and program management skills, including ability to implement processes to facilitate monitoring, reporting and successful delivery.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships and networks, including experience in undertaking high-level consultations, collaborations and negotiations.
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills, including extensive experience in the preparation of correspondence, reports, Ministerial communication, briefing notes and policy.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in applying strategic thinking to achieve outcomes and implement effective change management strategies to achieve educational outcomes.
- Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills with a proven ability to deliver outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment and under tight timeframes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Lorraine Scorer, Manager, Projects by telephoning (08) 9402 6136 or emailing Lorraine.Scorer@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.